Rayvision Design Inc. understands that it is important for your website to reach as many potential clients as possible, but we want to make sure that we don’t sacrifice the quality of design for search engine optimization. We want to make sure that when visitors find your website, they see a website that is high quality and represents your business properly. We also make sure that the website is interactive to keep your visitors interested to learn more about your business. We want to lead your visitors through the website and convert their visit into business for your company. We want to make sure that the communication that you receive is the most convenient for your business, whether it is through phone calls, emails or another source of communication. We also make sure that your website measures the visits to your website so your business is informed about who your website is attracting.
Mobile-Friendly Web Design
Mobile-friendly or responsive web design is setup so that it adjusts the elements of the website to any screen size including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. This website is a perfect example of what a mobile friendly website looks like, if you adjust the size of your computer’s window, you can see how the website adjusts to any resolution that exists on today’s devices.
Why should your website be Mobile-Friendly?
In 2014, over 55% of the people surfing the Internet used their mobile devices to find the services and products they were looking for. This percentage is going to continue to grow each year, and it’s important that your company reaches all the possible clients possible. Many companies have both a regular site and a mobile site, but what they don’t realize is that they are splitting their visitors between the two sites, and those visits help to move your website up Google’s search results.
Why does this matter?
As of April 21, 2015, Google is now monitoring websites that are and aren’t setup with responsive design. Websites that aren’t setup to be mobile-friendly will actually be dropped on Google’s search results, and websites that are mobile-friendly will be moved up on the search results. If your company’s website isn’t built to be mobile-friendly, now is the time to make this change so it doesn’t affect where your website falls on the top search engine in the world.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
When determining what is the best way to setup your company’s website, a content management system (CMS) is one of the most popular ways to build a website. There are several CMS types out there, two of the most popular are WordPress for standard websites and Shopify for e-commerce websites. Over 50% of the websites out there have been built using the WordPress platform. Why is it so popular? WordPress is very easy for clients to use, and there are thousands of add-ons that you can include with your website. On the otherhand, there are several other platforms including Joomla and Drupal, which may be better suited for your business. Once we have the opportunity to evaluate your business, we will let you know your options and find the best solution for your company. Some of the benefits that both of these platforms have include:
- It is easy to maintain your website
- Website owners don’t need any prior coding experience
- It is very simple to learn, especially if you’ve ever used Microsoft Word or another type of word processing program.
- You can easily add both text and images to your site with little experience.
- Developers are constantly creating new add-ons to help take your website to the next level.
- Each of these CMS systems have multiple design styles called themes or templates which are built to make your website unique.
- We will provide complimentary training and show you how to make changes to your website, so you can update it without adding additional costs to your business.
Website design is our “bread and butter.” We understand you have plenty of options available to you in this creative space, but here are a few reasons why you should choose Rayvision Design, Inc:
- We are proven experts in this ever-evolving area, with years of helping clients create websites that look great and include the latest back-end functionality.
- We can handle all aspects of your website project in-house—including imagery, writing and editing, and hosting.
- We aren’t wedded to one particular type of website; we’ll work with you to decide what’s best for your needs: making sure that the website fits your needs.
- We won’t give you more than you need, a strategy used by some firms to drive up your cost; we’re sensitive to your budget and will make it stretch as far as we can.